Friday, February 19, 2010

Make Rocket Go Now

So I was inspired by a post on Shakesville that mentions the importance about individual women sharing their experiences. We live in a society where women's stories are not told, and where women's voices are not heard. I struggle with the idea that, in being part of a political movement, the personal must become public and political. Sometimes, one must live one's ideals.

So get ready, if you decide to follow me! I intend to blog about queer issues, feminist issues, humanist issues (such as they are), and basically what it's like to not have a voice in so many varied ways that apply to me (being a queer, feminist and female human).

I've just realised that I have to be at work in 45 minutes and I still have laundry in the dryer. You'll hear about that kinda business, too, because this is the story of all of my stuff and whatnot. Sometimes serious, and sometimes (often) snarky. Welcome to my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment